Maurizio Quinto is Associate Professor in Analytical Chemistry at the University of Foggia, Italy. He has got a bachelor degree in Chemistry at the University of Bari in 1994 (final grade: magna cum laude) and its Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry in 1999 at the same University. During the Doctorate, he has attended the Summer School “Microfabrication of Biomolecular Devices and Systems” at the Institute of Microtechnology of Neuchâtel, Switzerland. From September to December 1997 he has been visiting scientist at the same institute, under the supervision of Prof. Koudelka, working on a project called “Microbiosensors based on electrosynthetised polymeric film”.
He has been post-doc fellow at the University of Texas, Austin, USA, from April 1999 to September 2000, working at the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, under the supervision of Prof. Bard. During this period, he has been lecturer of the “Electrochemistry” Ph.D. course.
He is currently Visiting Professor at the Yanbian University, Yanji, China.
His research interests are focused mainly on food and environmental chemistry, pretreatment, cleaning and extraction procedures, amperometric biosensors, electrochemistry, electrochromic polymers, microbiosensors, microdialysis sampling, atomic force microscopy (AFM), scanning electrochemical microscopy (SECM), gaschromatography (GC), high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC), solid phase microextraction (SPME), microextraction by packed sorbent (MEPS), flow injection analysis (FIA) and mass spectrometry (MS).
He is author and co-author of more than 50 papers in peer-reviewed international journals, and more than 80 participations to international congresses.
His actual research interests are focused on:
– Development of innovative analytical methods for quality control and traceability of foodstuffs;
– Development of innovative microextraction methods for analyte determination in complex matrices;
– Development of analytical techniques for the detection and quantification of volatile compounds in environmental and food matrices;
– Member of the Academic Senate of the University of Foggia 2008-2010
– President of the Chemical Italian Society – Puglia section since 01 January 2017.
– Secretary – Treasurer of the Chemical Italian Society – Puglia section 2010-2016
– Member of the Environmental Evaluation Committee of Foggia Province 2007-2013.
– Member of the Editorial Board of "Journal of Chemistry"
– Rector Delegate for the Information and Communication Technology
– Member of the Technical Committee of the Foggia Province for waste project examinations since 2015
- Referee for the following journals: African Journal of Agricultural Research, African Journal of Biotechnology, African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Analytica Chimica Acta, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Analytical Methods, Biopolymers, Chemistry Central Journal, Ecological Indicators, Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, European Journal of Soil Science, Food Chemistry, Journal of Chromatography A, Journal of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Journal of Materials Research, Journal of Sensors, Journal of Separation Science, RSC Advances, Science of the Total Environment, Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry.
Web pages related to his scientific production: